Date(s) - 01/11/2017 - 04/11/2017
with Joe Atkinson and Cathrine Dolleris
at Naturplanteskolen in Denmark.
This intensive course builds on the PDC and will help take your permaculture practice to the next level. It will show you how to approach problems in a structured way and build your confidence as a designer.
The main idea is to give you a chance to deepen your knowledge and practice the application of ethics, principles, design tools and other skills.
The course will be completely independent of the diploma – it is intended as a stand-alone course to develop your design skills after the PDC. However, it will be useful if you’re thinking of doing the diploma and want a bit more design confidence, or if you’re already on the diploma and would like some extra classroom-based training.
Instructors: Joe Atkinson and Cathrine Dolleris. Tour of Naturplanteskolens 400 edible plants by founder and principal of Naturplanteskolen, MSc (horticulture) Aiah Noack.
This intensive design course builds on the PDC and will help take your permaculture practice to the next level. It will show you how to approach problems in a structured way and build your confidence as a designer.
- Practice applying permaculture principles to make designs more effective
- Deepen your understanding of design processes so you can approach problems with confidence
- Gain new design tools
- Deepen your understanding of patterns, and how they can improve and speed up your design work
- Learn skills to present your designs professionally
You will learn through:
- Talks & presentations
- Practical activities
- Research challenges
- Group design charettes
- Examining design case studies
- Sharing your own design problems
- Conducting an individual design assignment
You will spend a long weekend with a supportive group of like-minded people who are passionate about bringing about a positive regenerative future. There will be stimulating discussion, great food and celebration in a beautiful setting. Come and join us to get refreshed and inspired for the next phase of your permaculture journey!