The objectives of this Partnership are the following:
- To support teachers in practising teaching methods and in enhancing their teaching quality; thus to improve the professionalism of permaculture education across Europe.
- To exchange about different curricula and course formats.
- To learn from other organisations’ experience and to mutually support young organisations to form strong national networks and to set up or improve their educational processes, systems and structures.
- To enable teachers to visit permaculture projects and see practical solutions in other countries and climatic conditions that they can share with their peers and students at home.
- To promote cultural exchange, diversity and inclusion within the permaculture network and to exchange about how to widen participation in permaculture training.
- To create a teacher’s handbook with methods & curricula, a pdf-brochure about organisational structures, a booklet about best practices and a website which displays results.
- To form a network of European teachers.
The problems we intend to address are:
- the need to develop the skills and professional practice of some teachers
- the lack of organisational capacity
- the lack of ethnic, social and economic diversity of participants in permaculture education across Europe
- the relative isolation in which some permaculture teachers operate
- the lack of published information about latest teaching methods and pedagogy in permaculture education in various European languages (other than English)
The approach we will take is the following:
- Creating formal and informal space for getting to know each other (“who does what where and how”) to enhance networking among partners and with the local / national networks to create sustainable support networks.
- Sharing / exchange of methods and pedagogy, masterclasses and skill-sharing and sharing and application of evaluation methods
- curricula and course-formats, including discussions
- organisational structures, processes and procedures
- best practices and practical examples
- experiences in different contexts / with different audiences; discussion of hard-to-reach groups and their inclusion
- looking at examples that work from other areas
- We will document parts of the mobility meetings for those that cannot participate in them, and produce material about the content for wider circulation.